Join our awesome team!
We are an international data analytics company based in South Africa, looking for a highly talented Software Business Analyst to join our team in Cape Town.
Our Software Delivery team, comprising of business analysts, developers and quality assurance testers, who work together to deliver our software product suite, coupled with our professional services, so that our clients’ meet their strategic goals and improve their business operations. We have a product footprint in over 30 countries in Africa, Middle East and Europe. Our data scientists are experts in using data insights to predict human behavior and will analyse, segment and score the clients’ customer base; whilst our software product suite enables the configuration of linked strategies to realise operational and financial value to clients. Our aim is to turn data into wisdom that enables companies to Work Wonders. As Principa, we strive to adhere to our motto: Work Wonders in every engagement we have, both internally and externally.
As a Software Business Analyst, your responsibilities will include reviewing and analysis of business requirements, performing system impact assessments, proposing solution designs, defining the scope thereof and the creation of functional specifications to meet the client’s needs. You will ensure that both the client and internal team understand these requirements, together with the accepted solution and the expected outcomes.
Your day will be filled by driving the successful implementation of the Principa Software products and related services by engaging in these activities:
- Engaging with stakeholders to gather requirements, determine business objectives and document the business requirement specifications;
- Scoping the solution and translating the business requirements into detailed functional specifications indicating software development and configuration requirements, inclusive of workflow charts/diagrams;
- Conducting walk-throughs of the requirement specifications to the client and internal delivery team;
- Configuring the solution and/or performing a comprehensive quality assessment of the developed solution;
- Providing input into effort estimation exercises and test cases/scenarios for full QA coverage;
- Providing day-to-day consulting assistance for multiple clients.
To become a successful member of the team you need to have proven skills, experience and knowledge such as:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Great facilitation skills to facilitate elicitation sessions;
- Conceptual thinking with a logical and critical problem-solving style/approach;
- Attention to detail is your game, as you are naturally detail orientated, analytical and inquisitive;
- Comfortable and proficient using MS Tools such as MsExcel (Advanced Level), MsWord, MsPowerPoint.
- Multi-tasker of note and able to, prioritise with a sense of urgency and work under pressure to tight deadlines;
- Excellent customer service orientation with a strong sense of ownership and accountability;
- Basic Microsoft SQL knowledge and experience;
- Basic understanding of relational database and client-server concepts.
Qualifications & Experience
- Certification in Business Analysis required
- 7 years of experience in IT with at least 3 years in business analysis
- Familiarity with credit and/or financial industries beneficial
- Experience in conducting process or product training to clients beneficial
- Tertiary qualifications are preferred.
If you have a proven track-record and meet the above requirements then send us your CV at email@example.com