We are Hiring!
The Business Analyst is responsible for the reviewing and analysis of business requirements, performing system impact assessments, proposing solution designs, defining the scope thereof and the creation of functional specifications to meet the client’s needs.
They ensure that both the client and internal team understand the requirements, the accepted solution and expected outcomes.
Key Responsibilities and Competencies
- Gain an understanding of the Company’s product offerings and system capabilities.
- Engage with clients to review and analyse their requirements, determine operational objectives and document the business requirement specifications.
- Scope the solution and translate the business requirements into detailed functional specifications indicating software development and configuration requirements, inclusive of workflow charts/diagrams.
- Facilitate and conduct walk-throughs of the requirement specifications to the client and internal delivery team.
- Configure and/or perform a comprehensive quality assessment of the client’s solution.
- Provide input into effort estimation exercises and test cases/scenarios for full QA coverage.
- Provide day-to-day consulting assistance for multiple clients.
- Complete understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Understanding of relational database and client-server concepts
- Proficient in Excel (Advanced Level), Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Microsoft SQL knowledge and experience
- High level of English proficiency (both verbal and written)
- Familiar with Agile methodology
- Process Improvement Exposure
- Strong presentation skills
- Conceptual thinker with logical and critical problem-solving style and approach
- Detail orientated, analytical and inquisitive
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible and have the ability to prioritise with a sense of urgency and work under pressure to tight deadlines, which includes the possibility of working over weekends and ‘outside of office hours’
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to work with foreign cultures and willingness to travel
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- 7-10 years of experience in the IT environment with at least 5 years hands-on experience in a business analysis role
- Familiarity with credit industry
- Experience in conducting training with clients is beneficial
- Senior Certification in Business Analysis required
- Grade 12 with tertiary qualification ideally in IT or Business-related fields.
Based in Cape Town (Hybrid at least 3 days at the office in Century City)
Our Smart teams deliver intelligent solutions to our clients using a range of technologies. If your personality thrives on creating solutions for the future then Principa is the place for you.
Send us you CV as we would like be in touch with you: firstname.lastname@example.org