We are Hiring!
A little bit about ourselves
Principa is an international data analytics company based in South Africa.
Our data scientists, developers and business consultants work together to develop data analytics products and solutions that derive answers, predictions and recommended actions from large and complex data sets for over 150 companies in 30 countries in Africa, Middle East and Europe. We are experts in using data insights to predict human behaviour and drive the optimal outcome: from identifying the most profitable customers or account holders to target to identifying and targeting your most cost-effective marketing initiative for a defined market segment. Our aim is to turn data into wisdom thus delivering intelligence to our clients.
We are looking for a dynamic Data Engineer to join the Analytics Engineering team. In this role, the Data Engineer will drive best practices for setting up data management platforms, develop, maintain and test infrastructures and support our Data Analysts on data initiatives. Working with our senior team members, you will jointly be responsible for meeting the client’s expectations on projects in relation to results, quality, budgets and timelines as linked to the role.
If you have at least 5 years’ experience working in a data engineering role and you have a BSc/BComm degree in computer science, software/computer engineering, applied mathematics or a related technical field. Then this may just be the new career adventure you are searching for.
Your day will consist of the following responsibilities
- Analysing and organizing raw data.
- Building data systems and pipelines.
- Evaluating client business needs and objectives.
- Identifying, designing, and implementing process improvements by automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery as well as re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, and so on.
- Preparing data for prescriptive and predictive modelling.
- Exploring ways to enhance data quality and reliability.
- Monitoring production activities to ensure timely and effective reporting, tracking, follow-up and communication of problems.
- Collaborating with Data Analysts and Business Advisory Consultants on several projects.
- Compiling professional consulting reports and presentations for delivery to clients.
- Supporting new product innovation within the analytics team.
To be successful in this role, you need these capabilities:
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python).
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design and best practices.
- Great numerical and analytical skills.
- A very good working knowledge of new tools and techniques.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise with a sense of urgency and work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate a thirst for knowledge and desire to grow and learn.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Adept at to working with people from foreign cultures.
- Able to improvise and adapt principles into alternative environments.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Our Smart teams deliver intelligent solutions to our clients using a range of technologies. If your personality thrives on creating solutions for the future then Principa is the place for you.
Send us you CV as we would like be in touch with you: firstname.lastname@example.org