Head of the Project Management Office
We are Hiring!
Why is this role important?
As the Head of PMO, you will be responsible for leading and managing the project management function. You will work closely with the Head of Delivery and Delivery Leads to ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards. You will also be responsible to design, implement and own the Agile Project Management process.
In this role you will also be responsible for ensuring that projects assigned to you are planned, required resources are allocated, project delivery risks are identified & mitigated (covered), -ensuring that the projects are delivered within budget, according to client expectations, and within the set time frames. You will also ensure that communication on project progress between project participants are consistent and appropriate. A good understanding of the Agile Methodology is a key success factor.
Key role expectations to be successful
- Lead and manage the project management office.
- Develop and maintain project management methodologies and tools that align with the company’s agile way of work.
- Ensure that project management processes and tools are continuously improved and optimized.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
- Develop and manage project budgets and resource allocations.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Project Managers and Project Teams.
- Manage project risks and issues, -by developing mitigation strategies.
- Attend and participate in client start up meetings.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate and conduct regular update sessions with project participants to obtain feedback on project progress (actual versus agreed timelines and milestones).
- Communicate project progress (risk, milestones achieved, upcoming milestones, and current status) to project participants and/or client.
- Check project progress between milestones with project participants.
- Arrange the internal delivery meeting to prepare team for the client delivery meeting.
- Assist employees in managing their project time and ensure the optimal scheduling of employee time.
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups within Product Development team, and to resolve conflicts or remove obstacles that may occur.
- Apply planning skills to populate backlogs with relevant work items that speaks to prioritised features and functions, and work with Product Owners to manage product backlogs and new requests.
- Drive adherence basic principles of solid SDLC with specific focus on ensuring quality of deliverables.
- Apply your knowledge and experience in identifying, -seeking consensus/consulting and applying process enhancements and changes to optimise productivity or delivery management.
The experience/educational levels which are needed to meet the role requirements
- Experience in Agile project management methodologies
- Minimum 5 years project management experience
- Project management specific certification
- Strong Jira Portfolio skills
- Strong (Advanced) Ms – Excel
- Intermediate Ms – Word Skills, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Credit Risk Industry / Financial services / Software Services Knowledge
- Proven track record of mitigating risks within SDLC and dealing with impediments
- Project Management Life Cycle
- Experience within Product Life Cycle and Product Development Cycle would be advantageous
- Practical software development experience would be considered hugely advantageous
Desired Soft skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and servant leadership skills
- Be innovative and creative in providing alternative solutions or ideas
- Proven record of problem-solving abilities and conflict facilitation
- Very good organisational skills
Important requirements to be successful in this role
- Dynamic and energetic
- Ability to take initiative
- High attention to detail (accuracy imperative)
- Strong sense of accountability
- Flexibility and ability to work outside of normal business hours when required
- Team player but must be able to self-manage
- Exceptional planning and organisingskills
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to manage projects
- Well-developed Interpersonal skills
- Strong critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Numerical ability
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Position based in Cape Town (Hybrid)Teams meet at the office at least 3 times per week
- Some ad-hoc travel to clients nationally and internationally (Africa, Middle East)
Our Smart teams deliver intelligent solutions to our clients using a range of technologies. If your personality thrives on creating solutions for the future then Principa is the place for you.
Send us you CV as we would like be in touch with you: firstname.lastname@example.org