We are Hiring!
The Project Manager will be responsible for distributed cross-functional teams in delivering high-quality software products and data solutions using agile methodologies. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of agile principles and practices, as well as a proven track record of managing the delivery of complex software projects with multiple stakeholders.
The Project Manager is responsible for project planning, resource allocation, risk management and ensuring that projects are scoped and planned, required resources are allocated, issue management (risks, dependencies, issues, assumptions), and the assigned projects are delivered within time and budget and to the required scope and quality. The Project Manager ensures communication on project progress between project stakeholders is consistent and appropriate. The Project Manager should possess strong facilitation skills, provide guidance to collaboratively create the best solutions, and have the ability to lead and adapt best practices and procedures to meet the needs of current projects.
- Facilitate the agile process, including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Work closely with distributed cross-functional teams, including software engineers, data scientists and stakeholders, to identify and prioritize project requirements and deliverables.
- Evaluate available resources against requirements.
- Manage project budgets and timelines, ensuring that resources are allocated effectively to meet project requirements.
- Attend and participate in client related meetings.
- Schedule regular update sessions with project participants to obtain feedback on project progress (actual versus agreed timelines and milestones).
- Identify and manage project risks and issues, proactively identifying solutions to ensure that project delivery is not impacted.
- Communicate project status, risks, and issues to stakeholders at all levels, providing regular updates and ensuring that expectations are managed effectively.
- Check project progress between milestones with project participants.
- Arrange the internal delivery meeting to prepare team for the client delivery meeting.
- Assist employees in managing their project time and ensure the optimal scheduling or employee time.
- Apply planning skills to populate backlogs with relevant work items that speaks to prioritised features and functions, and work with Product Owners to manage product backlogs and new requests.
- Drive adherence to basic principles of solid SDLC with specific focus on ensuring quality of deliverables.
- Apply your knowledge and experience in identifying, discussion and applying process enhancements and changes to optimise productivity or delivery management.
Experience & requirements:
- Experience in Scrum master role beneficial
- Minimum 5 years Project Management experience
- Project Management specific certification
- Advanced level Ms – Excel skills
- Intermediate level Ms – Word, PowerPoint and Outlook skills
- Credit Risk Industry / Financial services / Software Services Knowledge
- Proven track record of mitigating risks within SDLC and dealing with impediments
- Project Management Life Cycle
- Experience using JIRA and the SAFe framework would be advantageous
- Experience within Product Life Cycle and Product Development Cycle would be advantageous
- Practical software development experience would be considered hugely advantageous
Desired Soft skills:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and servant leadership skills.
- Be innovative and creative in providing alternative solutions or ideas.
- Proven record of problem-solving abilities and conflict facilitation.
- Very good organisational skills.
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Dynamic and energetic
- High attention to detail (accuracy imperative)
- Strong sense of accountability
- Team player, with well-developed interpersonal skills and able to self-manage
- High degree of planning and organising skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Analysis and Problem solving skills
- Numerical ability
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Growth and learning mindset
- Position based in Cape Town
- Driver’s licence essential
- Some ad-hoc travel to clients nationally and internationally (Africa, Middle East)
Send us you CV as we would like be in touch with you: firstname.lastname@example.org