Senior Data Scientist
We are Hiring!
A little bit about ourselves
Principa is an international data analytics company based in South Africa. Our mission is described as, ‘Intelligence delivered: empowering organisations and their people’.
How do we do this?
Our team of data scientists, software developers and business consultants work together to develop data-led software products and solutions that derive answers, make predictions and recommend actions from large and complex data sets for over 150 companies in 30 countries in Africa, Middle East and Europe. We are experts in using data insights to predict human behavior and drive the optimal outcome: from identifying the most profitable customers or account holders to target to identifying and targeting the most cost-effective marketing initiative for a defined market segment.
What will you be doing in this role?
The Senior Data Scientist forms part of our Predictive Analytics team, that develops and delivers predictive models across the credit life cycle for various industries.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who will collaborate across the various Principa teams in the solution designing in credit and non-credit industries, as well as development and deployment of solutions. In this role you will be responsible for meeting the client’s expectations on projects in relation to results, quality, budgets and timelines. The Senior Data Scientist will also be required to innovate within the predictive and other advanced analytics arenas. Typical assignments will involve applying advanced analytical techniques to extract maximum value out of data, constructing data driven models, providing insights and presentation of results with key recommendations to our clients.
If you have at least 8 – 10 years’ experience in consumer credit analytics, with specific focus on Predictive Modelling utilising Machine Learning methodologies and a proven track record in this space. We prefer a minimum of BComm majoring in Statistics; Quantitative Management OR a BSc Engineering; Mathematics; Applied Mathematics; Data Science; Logistics; or related fields. Then this may just be the new career adventure you are searching for.
Your day will consist of the following responsibilities
- Developing advanced analytics and machine learning models for various industries;
- Developing advance analytical solutions to solve business problems for our clients;
- Developing predictive models and solutions across the credit life cycle for industries;
- Providing best practice consulting advice to a wide range of organisations that rely on data to drive their business, domestically and internationally;
- Offering day-to-day consulting assistance across multiple clients;
- Analysing reports and results while performing investigative analytics to solve problems;
- Compiling professional consulting reports and presentations for delivery to clients;
- Developing close relationships with clients to identify additional areas for development and assistance;
- Working in collaboration with other teams in the business such as sales, marketing, software deployment/development and consulting;
- Driving and delivering new product innovation within the analytics team.
We have defined the knowledge and skills requirements which will needed to succeed in this role as:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good working knowledge of SQL, Python and Azure/AWS
- High level of competence of Predictive Modelling techniques
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise with a sense of urgency and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Demonstrate a thirst for knowledge and desire to grow and learn
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Strong presentation skills
- An agile mindset and approach to work to improvise and adapt principles into alternative environments
- Amazing Ms Excel skills, coupled with super skills in Ms Word and PowerPoint
The position may require travel to client and alliance partner sites in South Africa and the EMEA Region.
Our Smart teams deliver intelligent solutions to our clients using a range of technologies. If your personality thrives on creating solutions for the future then Principa is the place for you.
Send us you CV as we would like be in touch with you: firstname.lastname@example.org