Head of Delivery
Join our awesome team!
Principa is an international data analytics company based in South Africa.
Our data scientists, developers and consultants work together to develop data analytics products and solutions that derive answers, predictions and recommended actions from large and complex data sets for our clients. We have assisted over 150 companies in 30 countries in Africa, Middle East and Europe. We are experts in using data insights to predict human behaviour and drive the optimal outcome: from identifying the most profitable customers or account holders to target to identifying and targeting your most cost-effective marketing initiative for a defined market segment. Our aim is to turn data into wisdom that enables companies to work wonders.
Principa is looking for an exceptional team member to lead and manage our Delivery division.
As Head of Delivery, you will be driving the strategic direction of the Delivery division by overseeing, guiding and supporting our specialised, multi skilled teams in their mission to deliver world class data driven solutions to our customers across South Africa, Africa, the Middle East and Europe.
The ideal candidate has to live by our motto: Work Wonders and ensure that the solutions we deliver to our clients are fit for purpose, innovative and meets the requirements within agreed time and cost parameters. This role would best fit an independent self-starter and leader who knows how to be a team player and is determined to achieve & exceed annual delivery targets. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Delivering/driving the strategic direction of the delivery division and managing the Delivery Unit Heads.
- Optimising the size of the delivery unit (capacity and skills planning) to sustainably support contracted deliveries but also strategic growth initiatives.
- Optimising the functioning of the delivery unit through the implementation of Agile delivery practices across all teams.
- Interacting with key client stakeholders and Execs and will serve as the escalation point to resolve program or project specific challenges.
- Ensuring program and project margins are protected through the implementation of sustainable change control procedures.
- Providing coaching to the delivery team managers when required.
- Fostering a goal directed and agile culture within the delivery unit.
- Serving as part of the senior leadership team and provide strategic input and contribute to shaping the Principa strategy.
- Accountable for the efficient running of the Delivery Unit – achieving key utilisation targets and meeting contracted delivery deadlines.
- Protect contracted project margins through pro-active positive change control processes.
- Ensure capacity and capability levels support strategic sales objectives.
- Implement an Agile delivery methodology across all delivery teams.
- Build and develop strong relationships with internal and group stakeholders.
- Provide expert coaching and support to delivery and project teams when required.
- Identify key decision markers, key performance indicators, and budget constraints.
- Maintain an accurate, comprehensive and updated services/milestone revenue forecast.
- Act as an escalation point for customer service or project delivery issues.
- Serve on the senior leadership team and provides strategic and operational input as required.
- Motivate and inspire the Delivery teams to be a high-performance division (across innovation, learning, collaboration).
Knowledge / Skills Required
- Experience and success in running a multi-skilled delivery team across multiple clients and geographies
- Agile delivery
- Background in Enterprise Application Software development.
- Understanding of data-driven decisioning and decision technologies.
- Ability to lead, guide and mentor teams with a specific focus on growing Delivery Unit Heads and other direct reports.
- Outstanding presentation, facilitation, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand business problems and enable the Delivery team to develop solutions aligned to the client’s immediate and future requirements.
- Keep abreast of industry updates and relevant articles within the Collections arena to ensure professional and expert based client conversations.
- Confidence and ability to engage at C Level within all clients.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Ability to discover and develop new opportunities and solutions.
- Ability to prioritize deliverables.
- Ability to work independently and act in the best interest of their Team and the business.
- Demonstrates independence in action, decision making, goal oriented and driven.
- Motivated, confident, self-sufficient and able to contribute from day one.
- Focused and determined.
- Innovative, positive and collaborative.
- Well organized and consistently meets commitments.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication, problem solving, diplomacy and influencing skills.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English.
- Team collaboration and commitment to being a leader of their team and growing members through guidance and feedback.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Delivery leadership. Coupled with 5+ years of developing and delivering software experience.
- Understanding and knowledge of credit technologies and financial services are advantageous.
- Sc Computer Science and/ or appropriate IT Certification essential.
- Agile certification essential.
- Cape Town, South Africa – Up to 20% travel in country may be required. Travel within Africa may also be required.
If you have a proven track-record and meet the above requirements then send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org